Thursday, November 12, 2009

Wheels Up








Yesterday, my awesome boyfriend got his private pilot's license. I'm so proud of him! However, now this brings a new challenge to my already stressed out life. To fly or not to fly...with him?


I should clarify that I have flown with him before but we had an actual flight instructor with us at the time. I felt very safe because, heck, if Nathan messed up, we had someone who knew just what to do to land us safely. In addition, the plane we were flying in had a parachute on it. No, not a parachute for the passengers; a parachute for the entire plane. Imagine that scene? You're just sitting on your porch having coffee when an entire plane comes floating out of the sky!!! That would be a wake up call!


So know I must decide...does my love for him outweigh my fear of flying alone with him? When my ex husband first got a motorcycle I made him drive for a year by himself before I rode with him; that seemed to work well. For those of you who know Nathan, you know he's not nearly that patient. He actually wants to fly us to Arizona for our holiday trip in December. Eeek.


Well, I guess this is a question that requires more thought and prayer. So for now, we'll just say, wheels down.

1 comment: