Monday, November 16, 2009

My "kids"...

Since everyone blogs about their kids I felt that I should blog about my kids too.  Since I only have furry kids...they will just have to do. 


This is Grace.  She is my first born.  She is stubborn, curious and kind of a bitch.  She is totally independent and only gives up the lovin when SHE wants.  Since she only is snugglie when she chooses; it makes me appreciate it more.  Also, she is always hungry.  She takes after her mom like that!



This is Sadie.  I got Sadie because Grace was such a good girl and wanted another one just like her.  Oh boy, was I wrong.  Sadie is nothing like her older sister.  She is whiney, needy and a total mess.  If you looked up "lap dog" in the dictonary, you would see a picture of Sadie.  On the other hand, she is as loyal as the day is long.  She is always there when I need some love or someone to listen to my day.  Sometimes I feel guilty that I favor her the most but, well, she needs me the most.  She is my baby.


This is Ruth.  I got her from a home where they were abusing her.  How could anyone harm an animal???  At any extent Greg (my ex) named her Ruth in honor of Babe Ruth (Go Yankees!)  He wanted to name her Derek Jeter but I had to put a stop to that!  She is the so sweet and SMART!  Holy crap.  She is so big but thinks she's a little dog because she grew up with the daschunds.  She and Sadie are best friends and she plays so gentle with her.  She will lay down on the ground and let Sadie wrestle her.  Nathan would tell you that she "humps" her but I prefer "wrestle."



Last but not least is Abby.  Abby is Nathan's dog so she is the newest additon to my family.  Ironically, she's the youngest of all four; she's three years old.  Abby is another special one.  She has the worst allergies I've ever seen.  She gets shots every ten days to battle her red butt, infected ears, sore paws and red chin.  She's so lucky to have Nathan because she would be totally miserable if left untreated.  She is the most spoiled of all but has learned to be part of the pack.  She is a total "blonde" but she loves her daddy and Sadie the most.  Even though Sadie wishes she would drop dead. 

So those are my "kids" and I couldn't love them any more then I do.  To all my friends who think I've become the crazy dog lady...don't worry.  I'm not quite there...yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment