Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Love, Life and Jury Duty

Once again...it has been so long since I posted.  I'm sure you really don't care; all you folks out there in blogger land but I'm dissapointed in myself.

I had the pleasure of surving on jury duty for two weeks and two days.  It was one of the hardest experiences of my life.  It was a trial for first degree murder and, while it was somewhat easy to convict this person; the penalty phase was haunting.  This person could have gotten the death penalty; we chose life in prison without the possiblity of parole.  I will spare you all the details because I've found, that no matter how I put in into words, it really doesn't do the situation justice.  What amazes me is how many people have used phrases like "off with his head" or "fry him."  Oh well, everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think those people would find it hard to "fry him" if it was actually their choice and not just their opinion.

Everything else is going really well.  Work is great.  Nathan is a challage sometimes but, hey, we can't all be perfect like me...right???  The lesson in my new relationship is...be careful what you wish for!  Isn't karma a funny thing?  All of the petty things I used to get mad at Greg for; now I'm getting in trouble for.  Poor Greg, I was really too hard on him.  Live and learn...right?

Okay, enough blah blah.  I'm going to find something super fantasic to post about next time...with pictures!  Oh boy...look out! 

Oh, and Ruth still eats poop!  The joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment